Re: using openldap with mac os x clients

Thanks for your help.

I have upgraded to openldap 2.2.27 on your advice but I have the same problem.

Just to be clear, I should emphasize that a basic ldap search from a
mac (ie. ldapsearch) actually works. Here's an example of one that
works:

> ldapsearch -x -h "foo.uwaterloo.ca" -D "uid=testguy,ou=People,dc=tcl,dc=com" -W -b 'dc=tcl,dc=com' 'objectclass=posixAccount'

Furthermore, the id command works as I expect it to:

>id testguy
uid=521(testguy) gid=502(cscfadm) groups=502(cscfadm)

It is just when I take the final step and try to actually authenticate
a user that the server crashes. Eg.

> su -l testguy
Passwd: *******

crash!