[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Does OpenLDAP support Change Tracking/UniqueObjectIds/Zombie entries?
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Does OpenLDAP support Change Tracking/UniqueObjectIds/Zombie entries?
- From: Safdar Kureishy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:00:30 -0700
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=GcbS+i/7ox0Php8XztYAkTU33eKf7AG1bSn2XLTrDILL8F8UYur8e1tpw1/mZqMQKAwQBziPizVqg/f/ZMchuiJMEu2squLZuhwHi/C9XK5yiw89+j3zKVVFJLmKeBzONpR/AP40t0XT10KHUufyzSfBbcTfW4orWI7ClIhh2bw=
- In-reply-to: <0F52F1EC83AF599EF0677769@cadabra-dsl.stanford.edu>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <0F52F1EC83AF599EF0677769@cadabra-dsl.stanford.edu>
This is a follow-up to your answers below about the entryUUID
attribute. You mentioned the entryUUID attribute should work on all
OpenLDAP 2.2 versions.
However, I'm using version 2.2.19 on Windows and when I create
entries, there doesn't seem to be an "entryUUID" attribute anywhere on
the entry. Do you know if there is a flag to be set for this attribute
to be automatically created etc.? Or if this attribute is hidden, is
there a flag to unhide it so I can include it in exports?
On 2/26/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> --On Friday, February 25, 2005 3:25 PM -0800 Safdar Kureishy
> <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hi Kurt,
> > I have a few follow-up questions about the UUID attribute that you
> > mentioned below.
> > 1) Which is the first version of OpenLDAP in which this functionality
> > exists?
> All OpenLDAP 2.2 releases have it.
> > 2) Is that version available for Windows?
> You can get a cygwin version of OpenLDAP 2.2.
> > 5) I have installed a Windows version of openLDAP version 2.8, and I
> > don't see any UUID attribute getting generated for entries. Is that
> > because 2.8 does not have that functionality?
> There is no such thing as an OpenLDAP 2.8 version... Is it OpenLDAP 2.0.8,
> OpenLDAP 2.1.8, or OpenLDAP 2.2.8?
> BTW, the UUID attribute is operational, you have to ask an ldapsearch to
> return the UUID attribute if you are searching for it using the "+"
> > 3) Is it possible to include the "UUID" attribute in an LDIF "export"
> > of the directory?
> > 4) Can queries be based on this attribute?
> IIRC, yes they can.
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Developer
> ITSS/Shared Services
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html
> "These censorship operations against schools and libraries are stronger
> than ever in the present religio-political climate. They often focus on
> fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy to bigotry and blind
> faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin