Re: syncrepl questions

On 6/1/05, Shawn Kennedy <shawnlkennedy@lucent.com> wrote:
> it make more sense to run the LDAP servers as master/master with them
> replicating to each other?  Is this even possible?  If not, what
> did you do to manually stage them back and forth as Master/slave?
> Did you have to stop LDAP, swap out the slapd config files
> and restart?

Err, not that i know of, you must have only one replicating to the
other (i could be wrong, i just went for the best and simple solution.
In our case that means having the slave as read only so no updates are
possible if the master is unreachable.

"Step by step, penguins are taking my sanity apart ..."