Re: syncrepl questions

On 5/31/05, Shawn Kennedy <shawnlkennedy@lucent.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a project where we using
> openldap, but also we want to run it on
> redundant systems (where one box is Lead and
> the other is Standby). These redundant systems can

Hello,

On our site, we are running 2 openldap servers (2.2.26 on FreeBSD) and
we currently have replication working, if the master dies (heartbeat),
it is just a matter of having a new configuration in place telling it
not to replication from anymore (shell script). The important thing
here is having roundrobin DNS and both machines with the same
ldap.domain certs (we're using SSL).

Steph
--
"Step by step, penguins are taking my sanity apart ..."