[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapd stopped listening to network
- To: OpenLDAP-Software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: slapd stopped listening to network
- From: `VL <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:07:42 +0400
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=AbwoEcdoMB3wAWCkJKzDACYJjY9eVRSQbsipspLtcI/8qbnQu0A2wIuptqXk543uVJw34L9jJPPzZqZ+Bt3Pu13D5AHd1Ra3gitAMZILvhsq/PPazfwD0ySATfKRk5NuCoKYmloNlhhpHMc102wbqKbJm4sCeFLNlizCj7uGmjg=
slapd doesn`t listen on 389 port,i`m unable to connect to directory.
Once, i was unable to receive mail about regular backups. I explored
the problem and found that postfix was unable to lookup names in ldap,
so deliver failed.
When i checked slapd, i found that it doesn`t listen to 389 port. Very
strange, because i didn`t change anything in ldap setup and did not enable
any firewalling software.
Here is what netstat shows:
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 mail.vc.lan:imap *:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 mail.vc.lan:domain *:* LISTEN
unix 2 [ ] DGRAM 78342 19430/slapd
this is only line about slapd. Nmap shows all ports closed. I`ve
written small server program,
that only listens to port 389 - it works fine, so i`m sure that
machine network is avaliable for system processes.
distro is suse prof 9.1, updated to suse 9.2.
I`ve made a lot of debug work, but still can`t understand what`s
happening on the machine. If you need any debug info, it`s avaliable.
bug? is reproducable. Also, i have second machine with suse 9.1 and
almost same config, slapd works fine there.
I`m going to try compiling all ldap software from source with latest
versions and see what it gives, but i`m still want to understand where
problem is and don`t want to reinstall all the system, following
If you have any thoughts on this problem, please comment. Your help