Re: Sync Replication

It sounds to me like you're hitting a bug related to critical vs non-critical controls in 2.2
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200501/msg00082.html

The situation got a bit messy but is now fixed in HEAD/2.3; I don't recall the changes being ported into 2.2.

If you're going to keep using 2.2, you should make sure to leave the Critical flag FALSE here.

James Courtney wrote:

I have (I believe) correctly implemented a Java (JNDI) search control
for the OpenLDAP Sync Replication control.  When I use this to search my
OpenLDAP 2.2.15 (on RedHat 3 ES) OR 2.2.26 (Cygwin on WinXP) servers
(both with BDB) I get:

javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 -
control unavailable in context]

I also notice when browsing either directory using Softerra's LDAP
Browser (quite nice if you've not used it) that I cannot see the Sync
Request Control (1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.9.1.1) being offered under
Properties -> LDAP Settings -> Advanced.  This dialog displays the
server controls available.

Did I need to compile something differently to see this control?  Do I
need to set something differently?  I have the sessionlog statement in
my slapd.conf and loaded my ldif using "slapadd -pw".

Yes, I've read both draft-zeilenga-ldup-sync-06.txt and section 14: LDAP
Sync Replication from the 2.2 users guide at openldap.org.

My understanding is that I SHOULD be able to code to this control as a
client application and that LDAP Sync Replication is generally
applicable to client-side syncronization for a variety of applications,
not just for OpenLDAP->OpenLDAP syncronization.

Many thanks!

Jamey

--
 -- Howard Chu