[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Sync Replication
- From: "James Courtney" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:44:36 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:to:subject:date:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:x-mimeole:message-id; b=nWJY63yeJQVC+fZQFjIsbyIrs3C8fBwGPrGtiEzqI7V3Jx0j+AGZBWg7w8PoWg52eyIdylEmp33h8BhD/2RmsVw7MDhMqWiQB74oSGkTpIgblVQURvKGDHmu11J7UzIbdaPVOKNmOCeLrIGTHTHDeMiIsS195m4zje3sSIXnoqE=
- Thread-index: AcVXEeHsSd7LOM3mR2am6Fi5q+d+JQ==
I have (I believe) correctly implemented a Java (JNDI) search control
for the OpenLDAP Sync Replication control. When I use this to search my
OpenLDAP 2.2.15 (on RedHat 3 ES) OR 2.2.26 (Cygwin on WinXP) servers
(both with BDB) I get:
javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 12 -
control unavailable in context]
I also notice when browsing either directory using Softerra's LDAP
Browser (quite nice if you've not used it) that I cannot see the Sync
Request Control (184.108.40.206.4.1.4220.127.116.11.1) being offered under
Properties -> LDAP Settings -> Advanced. This dialog displays the
server controls available.
Did I need to compile something differently to see this control? Do I
need to set something differently? I have the sessionlog statement in
my slapd.conf and loaded my ldif using "slapadd -pw".
Yes, I've read both draft-zeilenga-ldup-sync-06.txt and section 14: LDAP
Sync Replication from the 2.2 users guide at openldap.org.
My understanding is that I SHOULD be able to code to this control as a
client application and that LDAP Sync Replication is generally
applicable to client-side syncronization for a variety of applications,
not just for OpenLDAP->OpenLDAP syncronization.