Re: Non-numeric OIDs; iPlanet->openLDAP

I was afraid of that. So (just to clarify) LDAP_SCHEMA_ALLOW_XX
etc. have no effect? Is there any particular reason (if so) why they
remain in the codebase?

Relatedly: Has anyone else on the list faced the problem of importing
a schema from iPlanet with non-numeric OIDs? How did you deal with
it?

wrote:

Michael.Smith@domino1.cuny.edu wrote:

>What is the current state of play wrt the compile flags
>LDAP_SCHEMA_ALLOW_ALL et al.? I see some contradictory
>messages on the mailing list archives.
>
>I'm particularly interested in allowing non-numeric OIDs
>in schema definitions -- not because I think it's a good
>idea, but because I need to import a schema originally
>created on an iPlanet server, which uses alphanumeric
>names for OIDs rather than dotted-decimal numbers.

slapd requires all schema elements to have numeric OIDs. It does allow
the use of alphanumeric macro names in certain places, but those names
must be resolvable to a numeric OID (see the "objectidentifier" ketword
in slapd.conf(5)).

--
  -- Howard Chu