Re: OpenLDAP & bdb transactions

At 11:48 PM 4/25/2005, Lia Tarta wrote:
>Thanks for the reply.
>Unfortunately, the provided solution is not an option
>for me.
>I have found this RFC:
> LDAP: Grouping of Related Operations
> <draft-zeilenga-ldap-grouping-06.txt>

First, this isn't an RFC, it's an expired Internet
Draft.  Secondly, it doesn't itself provide LDAP
transactions, but only a mechanism to group related
operations.  It can be used, as discussed in
draft-zeilenga-ldap-txn-xx.txt (another expired
Internet Draft), in support of LDAP transactions.
Lastly, grouping and transactions are not implemented
by anyone (as far as I know).

At present, slapd(8) does not support any LDAP transaction
mechanism (a mechanism that requires multiple directory
operations to be performed in one atomic, consistent,
isolated, and durable (ACID) action).

Kurt