[Date Prev][Date Next]
Deleting+Adding data while server is running
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Deleting+Adding data while server is running
- From: Safdar Kureishy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:31:11 -0700
- Content-disposition: inline
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=piWZkDgqGDEGkCE40yzMGLeVNrvSzQ0Afg63SFPhnZGsG/vZmpUikJikCaR7PB4ag1sPhEW95Mxy3HvnQGPfDwakRkuONpY6qKvfNlwgdlPNd2QSpNs1FmxVsKKdHqwZY121jI80eRLP7JzTEIU4dB8PJ1YggsKrnr8jOuRxrdo=
I have a situation where I want to drop all the data within an
OpenLDAP server and then do a massive batch import while the server is
still running. I've run into the problem where if I invoke slapadd,
the server needs to be shutdown, but am not sure if this is a
necessity or that I may be doing something wrong.
So, my questions are:
1) Firstly, what is the best way of doing this (full delete + import)
so that the performance is optimal?
2) What is the optimal way of doing this if I want the server to be
3) What is the performance impact of the above approaches (if different)?