Re: Crypt passwords not working

I do believe it's --enable-crypt not --with-crypt, it accepts --with-crypt without giving an error but doesn't really include it.

Linus Lund wrote:

Hi all!

I have compiled my openldap using the configure param --with-crypt in order to enable crypt passwords for NIS -> LDAP migration. I've tried compiling both version 2.2.20 and 2.2.24, but when i run ./servers/slapd/slappasswd -c "%.2s" -s abc123 it tells me that i don't recognize the crypt format. Obviously I can't authenticate against users with password stored in crypt format.

I've also scanned my config.log and make outputs and it does not complain about compiling related to crypt (as far as my knowledge of configure and make outputs stretch).

Why doesn't the crypt-scheme work ? Does this have something to do with http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1041.html ?

Btw, I am on a Solaris 10 system.

Regards, Linus