Re: How to distinguish LDAP requests?

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 00:57 +0200, Mimmo Di Ianni wrote:
> I must implement a daemon which intercepts ldap requests and forwards
> them to an effective LDAP Server (in the case of a read operation) or to
> other backend (in the case of a write operation). Once the daemon
> accepts a socket connection how can I distinguish what type of operation
> my client requests? Is it possible without interact with server LDAP?
> Every answer will be a lot appreciate!
>
> THANKS
> Mimmo

I have been playing with back-perl lately, with success.  I would
suggest at least prototyping with this, and maybe look to an overlay or
custom backend if back-perl doesn't perform well enough for you.

-Matt
Matthew J. Smith
University of Connecticut ITS
This message sent at Wed Apr 13 06:30:34 2005
PGP Key: http://web.uconn.edu/dotmatt/matt.asc