[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: LDAP hangs requiring slapd stop and deleting __db.00* files
- To: Abhishek Daga <email@example.com>, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: LDAP hangs requiring slapd stop and deleting __db.00* files
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:58:17 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- In-reply-to: <4249030C.email@example.com>
- References: <4247D854.firstname.lastname@example.org> <F21D3B71385487E956683C66@cadabra-dsl.stanford.edu> <4249030C.email@example.com>
--On Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:56 PM +0530 Abhishek Daga
Hello and thanks for the quick response.
I am posting some more relevant information in case that will help
diagnose the situation better.
Hardware information & Versions used.
b) Berkeley DB 4.2.52
c) Hardware: CPU - Intel p4 1.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB IDE Hard Drive
We have around 5000 registered users of which 350 check email daily.
However being popular domains, we get a lot of spam as well as bounced
invalid mail (where someone is using our domain as return mail). So after
putting some filters/firewall in place we can determine that we get
around 3/4 requests a second.
You have suggested using db_recover which we have tried. As per what we
understood, db_recover can be used when our database is corrupt and we
need to recover
data but in our case ldap goes off not the data. In log file it shows
authdaemon.ldap TEMP fail. I am pasting below the contents of our
slapd.conf file if that will further assist in debugging the issue we are
facing. If you could tell me what other information is required, I'll be
glad to fish it out for you.
The fact that you are deleting the BDB environment files (The __* stuff)
suggests some type of corruption. db_recover will correctly close those
files out (and remove them). Deleting them manually is not a wise path to
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html
"These censorship operations against schools and libraries are stronger
than ever in the present religio-political climate. They often focus on
fantasy and sf books, which foster that deadly enemy to bigotry and blind
faith, the imagination." -- Ursula K. Le Guin