Re: ldapsearch question

FM wrote:
I tried google first but looking for stuff like >= is not working ..at all :)

I creating a script to add posixuser, with ldapsearch, how can I find uidnumber > 1000 ?

Note in nis.schema:

attributetype ( NAME 'uidNumber'
DESC 'An integer uniquely identifying a user in an administrative domain'
EQUALITY integerMatch

... there is no ORDERING rule specified, so you can't use >= or <= with filters on uidnumber. You'll also want to be aware of:

I've found integer ordering works fine in 2.2.23 with attributes that have the ordering rule specified.

Jon Roberts