Re: Using dyngroup

--On Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:34 PM +0100 SÃbastien Georget <Sebastien.Georget@sophia.inria.fr> wrote:

SÃbastien Georget wrote:
Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, February 18, 2005 1:42 PM +0100 Josà Accino
<accino@uma.es> wrote:

We are trying to get the dyngroup overlay working but without any
results until now. Just for testing, we have defined a group entry such
as"cn=faculty_users,ou=groups,dc=our,dc=domain", with a memberURL
attribute such as

As I recall, the dynamic group overlay only lets you compare whether or not someone is a member of a group, and does not create lists of members for searches.

Is there a mean to achieve this ? I have the following configuration : cn=mygroup,dc=toto cn=mygroup,dc=tata and I'd like to see all memberUids in only one group, is it possible ?

Is there another solution to merge several group definitions ? (could
back-meta & rewriting help ?)

I wrote a small overlay to do the job, it's available here : http://www-sop.inria.fr/dream/personnel/Sebastien.Georget/expandUrl.c Hope it can help someone else.

Why not open an ITS at:

http://www.openldap.org/its/