Re: Using dyngroup

could you provide a quick example of the configuration needed in slapd.conf for this to work properly?
Jonathan Higgins
IT R&D Project Manager
Kennesaw State University

Sébastien Georget wrote:
> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Friday, February 18, 2005 1:42 PM +0100 José Accino
>> <accino@uma.es> wrote:
>>> We are trying to get the dyngroup overlay working but without any
>>> results until now. Just for testing, we have defined a group entry such
>>> as"cn=faculty_users,ou=groups,dc=our,dc=domain", with a memberURL
>>> attribute such as
>> As I recall, the dynamic group overlay only lets you compare whether
>> or not someone is a member of a group, and does not create lists of
>> members for searches.
> Is there a mean to achieve this ? I have the following configuration :
>   cn=mygroup,dc=toto
>   cn=mygroup,dc=tata
> and I'd like to see all memberUids in only one group, is it possible ?
> Is there another solution to merge several group definitions ? (could
> back-meta & rewriting help ?)

I wrote a small overlay to do the job, it's available here :
Hope it can help someone else.

Sébastien Georget
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, Service DREAM, B.P. 93
06902 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex, FRANCE
E-mail : sebastien.georget@sophia.inria.fr