[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Searching self-defined attributes
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: Searching self-defined attributes
- From: lionel poussin <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:25:58 +0100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=eSi16wVzVlUc14bM37GIqG26zt2DAJN+6QmFMv0rjXNuYnCYZM6CI/HSlVV4cPJK7l1Gp4CUn/ut5VJUUlH4JWjs8x9ZAV/muia23VKnmGGc9hues9IJJeYahzIY3iJOzHnzWhDDc1WoYR33yFQcbtBy5R6JQE/EcWh8cSyHqjg=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Thanks but it actually IS an octetstring, I checked that.
It now actually works, but I don't really know what happened. Though
we had restarted slapd several times after modifying the schema, it
only begun to work after a start in debug mode (-d -1).
So at the end it's working, but no idea why it wouldn't before, and
what resolved the issue...
Thanks anyway to all that replied to my message.
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:48:53 +0100, firstname.lastname@example.org
> I'm not shure, but maybe you should check EQUALITY. The value you use in your example doesn't seem to be an octet string (which would be e.g. an IP-Adress).
> If the attr Attr ist self defined, what obout trying out EUQALITY integerMatch?
> lionel poussin <email@example.com> schrieb am 14.02.05 11:19:42:
> > For a web site user management, We've derived a schema from inetorgperson.
> > All attributes work fine as of storing and retrieving information.
> > But, for instance with the following attribute, search even in command
> > line on the server itself is failing.
> > If we search for (memberNetwork=*), we retrieve all the users that
> > have the attribute set, but if for instance we search for
> > (memberNetwork=92), knowing that some users have the attribute set to
> > that value, it fails.
> > We suspect it's related to the way we defined the attribute, but infos
> > fetched by google searching so far didn't help us. Here's how we
> > defined it:
> > ---
> > Attributetype ( 220.127.116.11.6
> > NAME 'memberNetwork'
> > DESC 'Network appartenance of a member'
> > EQUALITY octetStringMatch
> > SYNTAX 18.104.22.168.4.1.1422.214.171.124.40)
> > ---
> > If anyone has an idea, or a precise refrence to relevant information
> > we could read, the dev team here would be most grateful.
> > Lionel POUSSIN
> > firstname.lastname@example.org
> WEB.Cent Bonusprogramm: Valentinsgeschenke online kaufen und
> dabei WEB.Cent sammeln! http://webcentsammeln.web.de/?mc=021301