RE: 2.2.23 vs 2.3.1alpha speed compairisons

--On Monday, February 21, 2005 5:50 PM -0500 Samuel Tran <stran@amnh.org> wrote:

I guess I'll go back to BDB 4.2.52.

I am readying my new LDAP cluster for production. I was using BDB 4.2.52
but upgraded to 4.3.27 when it was out.

I am using OL 2.2.23 + BDB 4.3.27 on Linux Debian Woody. The LDAP slaves
are 2 HP DL360 with 2 1.4Ghz Xeon CPUs and 2 Gb of RAM. The clustering
software is Keepalived 1.1.10.

I've been able to achieve about 350 LDAP queries/sec on a single slave
with loglevel 256.

Is the kind of result I should get with such a setup?

I would say no.

with a reference to the machine types at

I would verify that your slapd.conf is properly tuned with cachesize, idlcachesize, and the appropriate indices. I would also verify that your DB_CONFIG file is well tuned.

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer
Symas Corporation