[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: krb5_verify_user
- From: Stephen Anderson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:38:40 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=C2P6aSxgg37GIAY3NmeZh2s1xPprUbUW+QKhTuxzCHf+VVU8CIXr/b1XG40xMfsp8p9ccRi1XKKxsTv9iqIS3kzZldVKdl60AH6mJ80/SEZ21PGOZ4lK49sTKKViAhe5aYb1KAwuv+SSQdgfYP1kkW1UW+va/6oKp2ZqJoWHzME=
I recently setup a RHEL 3 ldap server (2.2.20) that is currently
running slapd. I installed phpldapadmin on the ldap server, and can
create new ldap entries.
I pointed a RHEL 3 client to the ldap server with /etc/nsswitch and
edited the client's /etc/ldap.conf. As root, I attempted to su to a
different user and I received the following error on the client:
krb5_verify_user: unable to reach any KDC in realm xxx.xxx
I simply hit the enter key, and the uid changes.
When a standard user attempts to su to another standard user, the su
fails and the userid remains the same.
Is this a ldap configuration error?