Re: user space attributes for ldap.conf

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 10:51 +1100, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Craig White wrote:
>
> > > Look up the "-y" flag on ldapmodify/ldapadd.
> > ----
> > duh - ldapadd --help lists it (I thought I had seen it somewhere)...but
> > not in the man page
>
> You must have an old version of OpenLDAP; I didn't catch the start of
> this thread.
----
I am awed by the insightfulness of the people on this list.

Indeed you are correct - the man page I was looking at was the one from
RHEL distribution and the man page I should have been looking at was
in /usr/local/man/man5/ldapadd.5   I have the distinct impression that
much has changed since version 2.0.7-xx  ;-)  I think we noticed one of
them.

and I guess I'm disappointed that given the changes that I made
to /etc/man.config

MANPATH /usr/local/share/man
MANPATH /usr/local/man
MANPATH /usr/share/man
MANPATH /usr/man
MANPATH /usr/X11R6/man

that when I ran 'man ldap.conf' it didn't automatically pull the
ldap.conf.5 man page from /usr/local/man before it pulled the man page
from /usr/share/man

Thanks

Craig