Re: user space attributes for ldap.conf

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 20:33 -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 06:41 PM 2/11/2005, Craig White wrote:
> >I know that the padl version of ldap.conf goes into /etc/ and the
> >openldap conf software will use the file in it's directory but if I as a
> >user - say root or another user wanted to have a file with automatic
> >binddn, bindpw, host and base values would those go into $HOME/.ldaprc ?
>
> Not all of these are OpenLDAP ldap.conf(5) directives.
> See ldap.conf(5) for a list of directives (and which are
> applicable to OpenLDAP's ldap.conf and .ldaprc files).
>
> >That doesn't seem to work for me - neither does $HOME/ldap.conf

----
I get the idea now - I didn't trust the man pages cuz I thought they
were padl's but I see that they are openldap's man pages.

The attribute binddn works but I was hoping that bindpw would work - I
guess that is a padl convention. I wanted to do this without the
interactive password or having to insert a password into the shell
script that calls ldapmodify/ldapadd

Thanks

Craig