Hi everyone.
I'm testing the way 'referrals' are returned by the API,
but I'm a bit confused about it:

I have these on my slapd.conf on the server side:
(just as it is stated in the manual in section 12. Constructing a
Distributed Directory Service)

	referral	ldap://root.openldap.org

	dn: dc=subtree,dc=example,dc=com
	objectclass: referral
	objectclass: extensibleObject
	dc: subtree
	ref: ldap://b.example.net/dc=subtree,dc=example,dc=com

When I ldapsearched examples for them, and debugged, got SearchResults
for both, that is the equivalent of SearchResultDone of RFC2251.
This is quite confusing (an may be non standard?), because the common sense
of doing it, it would be to receive a SearchResultReference
(LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE) for a search request of
dc=subtree,dc=example,dc=com, and a SearchResultDone
(LDAP_RES_SEARCH_RESULT) with a referral, when the server does not hold the
base object for the search,
just as it is stated in 4.5.3 and of RFC2251.

If this is the behavior, then, what is the LDAP_RES_SEARCH_REFERENCE used

Thanks in advance,

Tomás Ortí Martín
C/ Agustín de Foxá, 25 - 28036 MADRID
Teléfono: 91 315 85 62 - Ext. 252