Re: problem with openldap-2.0.27 - unsupported btree version 9

--On Monday, February 07, 2005 12:36 PM +0100 Christian Stottmeister <ldaplist@mf8.de> wrote:

hi!

we're running fedora core 3 and openldap-2.0.27 (i can't upgrade due to
limitations in the design of our underlying application). we are working
with an official fedora-rpm-installation. when i try to initialize the
database using a ldif-file, i am running into trouble (ldbm =>
unsupported btree version: 9).

[snip]

i suppose that is some problem with the underlying sleepycat, isn't it?
should we compile openldap by hand and/or add some libraries?
if you need more information regarding the system, please don't hestitate
to ask for it. i will try to answer any serious inquiry. nor the
faq-o-matic on the openldap site, nor google, nor any newsgroup or
list-archive provide help for a similar error message. well, at least i
haven't found something that was helpful to me. ;) perhaps someone of you
guys can help us out. your support would be highly appreciated!

I would guess that it is having a conflict with BDB software releases. You don't list what version(s) of BDB are installed on your box.

Since you are using an "official fedora" installation, perhaps you best contact RedHat. OpenLDAP 2.0.x has been deprecated for a few years now. I would seriously advise fixing your underlying application so you can upgrade off of 2.0.x. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer