Re: ldapsearch and LDAP URLs

The -H option to OpenLDAP clients is intended to allow to provide a
protocol scheme in addition to the host and port (or path, in case of
ldapi).  The rest, i.e. DN, attrs, scope, filter and extensions are not
just meaningless, but forbidden (unless URL-encoded).  In fact, the
argument to -H is actually supposed to be a space/comma separated list of
URLs, that are tried by the library until one succeeds.  I don't recall
where this is documented, but I guess it should.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it