[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

2.2.23's slapd segfaults when using ldapsearch

I'm running Solaris 9 with the following package versions (all
compiled from source):

OpenLDAP 2.2.23
Cyrus SASL 2.1.20
MIT krb5 1.3.5a
OpenSSL 0.9.7d
BerkeleyDB 4.3.27

I've tried starting the server with no options
(/usr/local/libexec/slapd) and with the debug option
(/usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 255), but slapd segfaults either way when
running ldapsearch. Here's the output from the client:

[root@ldap]# ldapsearch -X -b "dc=example,dc=com" "(objectClass=*)"
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Server output:

>>> dnPrettyNormal: <>
<<< dnPrettyNormal: <>, <>
do_sasl_bind: dn () mech GSSAPI
==> sasl_bind: dn="" mech=GSSAPI datalen=564
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

There was a lot more output, as well as a core file. If anyone thinks
they can help, I will send that information. Also, I've tried running
many different variations with ldapsearch - slapd always segfaults
when SASL is involved - but not when a simple bind is done.

I searched the lists, and found this article (Mysterious Seg Fault):

I tried compiling earlier versions of Cyrus SASL, but all versions
below 2.1.19 failed, and 2.1.19 exhibited the same behavior. Anyway, I
don't want to get too far into the SASL part, as I think that's all
working (sample tests all passed), and I don't want to discuss off
topic info here too much.