Re: error: unknown directive "dbcachesize" inside backend database definition

B M wrote:

i'm running OpenLDAP 2.2.17 and Berkeley DB 4.2.52.2, and am getting this error in my slapd.conf:

unknown directive "dbcachesize" inside backend database definition

isn't dbcachesize a backend database directive? i googled this error and found nothing. while doing some reasearch, i came across the following page:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch6/bdb.html#db-config

it makes no mention of the dbcachesize directive, although it does mention the cachesize directive (which i'm using as well and appears to be recognized by slapd). instead, it mentions a DB_CONFIG file where it looks like i can put a separate set_cachesize parameter in that will apply to the DB backend.

is dbcachesize an obsolete option? should i be using a DB_CONFIG file instead? if so, what other options might i need to include in my DB_CONFIG file?

If it's not in the man page then it's not a legal keyword.

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapd-bdb&apropos=0&sektion=5&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.2-Release&format=html

--
 -- Howard Chu