Re: openldap db wiped?

--On Thursday, January 06, 2005 6:19 PM +0200 Karolis Dautartas <list@public.lt> wrote:

hi,

today we had to move our servers into new facilities, and most of them
were disconnected without shutting down.

as a result, all openldap databases "forgot" all the data that had
been inserted in the last several weeks. It appears that it only
remembers data from previous ldap server shutdown / restart. As if the
new data would only be written to memory, not disk.

Is there any way to get the data back? Anyone?

slapcat does not help

Have you tried running "db_recover" (assuming you are using bdb)?

What version of OpenLDAP are you using?

Also, you probably want to use the "checkpoint" command in your slapd.conf to force the database to checkpoint at times other than shutdown.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html