Re: the permission wrong of the database which created by slapindex.

--On Thursday, December 30, 2004 10:01 AM +0800 Penghui Wang <wangpenghui@realss.com> wrote:
My OpenLDAP database would often change. So i have to run the command
slapindex daily.
Or anyother ideas ? I am not clearly now.
Thanks

Why do you have to run slapindex daily? OpenLDAP updates the indices every time a change is written. The only time you need to run slapindex is if you add a new attribute to be indexed after the database has already been created.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer