Re: Special character

Howard Chu:

[...]

>>> convert your ldif file to UTF-8,iconv(1) might be of help.
>>>
>> Actually, simply base-64 encoding the relevant attribute fields will do it.
>>
> Not with anything newer than OpenLDAP 2.0. Dieter's reply is correct.

Openldap 2.2.18:

Evidence:

1: GQ 1.0B1, choose contact Bjørn Steensrud, export to ldif. ldif:

dn:: Y249QmrDuHJuIFN0ZWVuc3J1ZCxvdT1jb250YWN0cyxkYz1iaWxseSxkYz1kZW1vbixkYz1u
 bA==
sn: Steensrud
fileAs:: U3RlZW5zcnVkLCBCasO4cm4=
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: evolutionPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn:: QmrDuHJuIFN0ZWVuc3J1ZA==

Delete record, check that it's been removed, ldapadd ldif, record added.

2: Apps such as SquirrelMail, Evolution. Mozilla can read the record in the
ldap database.

Conclusion: I do not have to use utf-8 to encode my ldifs with "funny
letters", I do have to base-64 encode attribute fields with these fls.

Whether Openldap utf-8 encodes them is another matter.

--Tonni

--
mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl