Re: open LDAP query slow for 5k users only (each having 40 entries)

> I am using open ldap 2.0.23 server from last 3 years on my linux server
> (Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz) or storing and retriving user profiles. It
> works fine for arround 100 to 200 user profiles. Once number of entries
> increase to 5 k, It took arround 1.5 second to add one users in ldap. I
> was surprise to see that once i added arround 5000 profiles in system
> searching of a profile started taking .15 seconds. This time does not
> include TCP connect time as my C client opens a connection at startup.

Well... dude, you need some indexes!

And not just on "objectclass"

And 2.0.23 is really really old, current is 2.2.19.  Let me tell you
from my own experience that the move from 2.0 -> 2.1 -> 2.2 each yielded
very serious performance improvements.

And don't slapindex; slapcat & slapadd.