Always about replica server

If I just want to make a ldap backup server that does only copy the data from a master and is not contacted by clients, can I just bind the slave server to the loopback interface? I mean, is the slave that contacts the master to get the data or is the master that connects to the slave and pushes them?

If the slave server contected the master, I could just bind the slave to 127.0.0.1 and have got a securer backup server.

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.