Monitoring openldap (generating statistics)

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find a good utility to generate statistics for a openldap server.  I have been doing some reading and found there is a built-in monitor in openldap, however I have not been able to successfully search it.  Is there configuration that needs to take place for the monitor or does it happen automatically?  In addition, how do I query it to generate stats?

If anyone is using another utility that gives them excellent results, please include that as well

Kevin Appel

Systems Administrator

Information Systems and Services

California Lutheran University