[Date Prev][Date Next]
query takes a large amount of cpu
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: query takes a large amount of cpu
- From: Phy Prabab <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:43:14 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=cWDF2Eu2qSSyTiCm9uqn/iZzsndzqFZ/QNhu7ezYMkN3RErd1PS0REVU1vENZg7092HusiMH27tqH1Ku4DFGDP8zF2q+HTWCExFY1aFnUazgMoHcqX4vVld/Ppn0HVgZZm9ACT8JX47LlvDPXxy8GOz8G/eumNJukkhuhLJBY/0= ;
I have a question concerning my openLDAP
implementation. I have recently moved to ldap for all
authentication. On the client side I am using Padl
nss_ldap 226 and the server is 2.2.17. I have
populated the directory with all the account
information adn setup equiality indices objectclass,
cn, uid, etc.
Now the issue, if I run the search (no nscd):
ldapsearch -x -h ldap01 -b "o=test.com"
in a while 1 loop, I will end up eating 50% of a dual
3.0Ghz server (8G RAM).
The reason for this test, is it mimicks part of our
regression system that traverses literally thousand
different uid/gid innumerating the tests.
So my question is, how can I speed up the test (it
takes for ever compared to NIS) and how can I reduce
the hit on cpu (if I launch this twice, the machine is
Thanks for the help!
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.