Re: openldap entries lost after reboot

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin wrote:

The checkpoint command should store in the database the cache content
every 5 minutes. This seems not to happen. The last 2 or 3 entries get
lost after reboot, also if they has been entered 2 days before the
reboot!

Checkpointing is only done during a write operation. After a write is
completed, the BDB library checks to see if it has been more than X
minutes since the last checkpoint. But it does not have a periodic timer
that actually checkpoints every X minutes.

We are writing new entries may be once every 2 days.

How can I force BDB to save the entries in the cache (since the last checkpoint) before the server shutdown?

You should look at running the BDB db_checkpoint command in the background.

--
 -- Howard Chu