Re: openldap entries lost after reboot

Enrico Ballarin Dolfin wrote:

Hi

Every time that we reboot our server (openldap2 2.2.6 on SuSE 9.1) the last 2 or 3 entries get lost.

Our ldap server is at the moment very small: we have only 50-60 entries.

The configuration of the backend database contains also these lines:

database        bdb
checkpoint      1024    5
cachesize       10000

The checkpoint command should store in the database the cache content every 5 minutes. This seems not to happen. The last 2 or 3 entries get lost after reboot, also if they has been entered 2 days before the reboot!

Checkpointing is only done during a write operation. After a write is completed, the BDB library checks to see if it has been more than X minutes since the last checkpoint. But it does not have a periodic timer that actually checkpoints every X minutes.

--
 -- Howard Chu