Fwd: index and debug issues

forgot to send it to the list ....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FRLinux <frlinux@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:09:30 +0000
Subject: Re: index and debug issues
To: Chasecreek Systemhouse <chasecreek.systemhouse@gmail.com>

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:16:18 -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse
<chasecreek.systemhouse@gmail.com> wrote:
> What does your /etc/ldap/slapd.conf say about loglevel?

It is currently set to 8 which is the default in debian configuration.

> Does you /etc/init.d/slapd start-up script *manually* set the logging
> level or maybe you can look in /etc/defaults/slapd

It is started by the system via init, and rotated every night afaik.

> When I turned off loglevel (IE, set it to 0 instead of -1 inside of
> /etc/ldap/slapd.conf) I get only ONE line of output into
> /var/log/debug -

That works alright, thanks, i'll keep it like that for 24 hours and
see but there is no output anymore.

"Step by step, penguins are taking my sanity apart ..."

"Step by step, penguins are taking my sanity apart ..."