SQL Backend Question

First, is there a How-To or FAQ for implementing a SQL backend to OpenLDAP?
I've been looking through the archives and it seems to be a common topic.
Anyway, the real question...

We have OpenLDAP running in our production environment but we're looking to
implement a SQL backend to OpenLDAP using MySQL.  We've installed MyODBC and
IODBC and have re-compiled a brand new OpenLDAP for this, but we get the
following error when we try to start up slapd:

==>backsql_open_db_conn()
backsql_open_db_conn(): connected, adding to tree
<==backsql_open_db_conn()
backsql_get_db_conn(): first call -- reading schema map
==>backsql_load_schema_map()
Segmentation fault

It looks like we're connecting to the database successfully, but I'm not
sure what's happening at this point.  Could someone point me int he right
direction?

Michael