Re: OpenLdap 2.2.x Debian maintainer ?

* Christiaan den Besten (chris@scorpion.nl) wrote:
> Is anyone aware if there is any Debian maintainer out there working on a
> 2.2 package release of openldap?.... latest on ftp.debian.org is 2.1.30
> which seems somewhat outdated ?

I believe Roland (of the OpenLDAP maintainer team) spent some time
working on 2.2.  The main issue is integration of the GNUTLS patch,
which needs to be updated for 2.2.  We won't be moving to 2.2 prior to
the release of sarge though, unfortunately.  Given the current point in
the release process a major OpenLDAP change would cause a great number
of problems.

If you know of release critical problems with 2.1.30 or if enough people
make noise it's possible that could be changed, but it seems very
unlikely at this point.  A big step towards 2.2 in Debian would be
fixing the GNUTLS patch though.

	Stephen