Re: SSHA Encryption

Daniel Merino wrote:

Hi all.

I have LDAP records with their userPassword field encrypted with SSHA. When I do a ldapsearch, I receive something like this:

userpassword={SSHA}cYH1lop+FfWT5Ttua1h8P7x/xEZePQsLP2KIaA==

But when I do a ldapmodify, delete the old password and add the new, i.e.:

add: userpassword
userpassword: 828f656
-

I change the password, but it doesn't encrypt it and the next ldapsearch that I do shows this field in plain text.

That is the way ldapmodify works. Use ldappasswd to change passwords.

--
 -- Howard Chu