Re: [Fwd: Re: replication problem]

Dave Horsfall wrote:
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

How are you binding to the master?  If you're binding as the updatedn,
then I'd expect to see that behaviour i.e. changes not being propagated.

The master should have no knowledge of the updatedn (except for seeing that identity in the "replica" directive; but that's only parsed by slurpd...). Unless he's doing something weird, e.g. having an "updatedn" directive in the master as well, and using that to modify the database...

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.

Either that, or your Perl script is doing something really weird...

In this case, provided the changes operated by the script succeed, one should see some activity at the .rej side...

I was wondering whether he was modifying some operational atttributes
(assuming that's possible).

Is it possible that the problem is that I am using the rootdn for replication? I use this account for all my changes, manual and script. I am not changing any operational attributes in my script. It is my understanding that it shouldn't matter how the script works. If a change is made, slurpd should pick it up and replicate it, which it does if I change an attribute manually. There are no .rej logs to indicate that it tried and failed, so I am at a loss.

Thanks for the attempts to help. Hopefully I can stumble across the solution.

Justin Crabtree Java Programmer Ozarks Technical Community College 799-1573