[Date Prev][Date Next]
can I synchronize (merge) 2 (or more) databases into one?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: can I synchronize (merge) 2 (or more) databases into one?
- From: Tomasz Chmielewski <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:05:08 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 (X11/20040923)
Let's say I have now two or three databases.
Is it possible to synchronize (merge) them, so that I have one database
out of them?
What I mean:
DB1 - 1st database,
DB2 - 2nd database,
DB-Final - final database.
Clocks on each machine are synchronized.
1) if there is an identical entry that is both in DB1 and DB2, it is
added to DB-Final,
2) if in DB1/DB2 there is an entry, that does not exist in DB2/DB1 -> it
will be added to DB-Final,
3) if there is an entry both in DB1 and DB2 that is *not* identical, an
entry that is newer will be added to DB-Final (is it possible to add a
time stamp to each entry in the database?)
Is it possible to merge two or more databases into one? If so, how?