[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: small problem building 2.2.17 with BerkeleyDB.4.2
- To: "Tony Earnshaw" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Openldap list" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: small problem building 2.2.17 with BerkeleyDB.4.2
- From: "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:51:14 +0800
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcS2BplSPaVjz7DkQkaSkbrzHLlX9AAZ6lzA
- Thread-topic: small problem building 2.2.17 with BerkeleyDB.4.2
As a less knowledgeable new learner, I have no ill intention to propagate rubbish.
If I stand to be corrected by the more knowledgeable gurus, I certainly appreciate your correction, however please do not downplay any individual posting indiscriminately by saying that they are rubbish.
The Internet has many maillists, many individual learn the most by "correction" to "rubbishs". I sincerely do not wish that OpenLDAP ML is such a mailist that only accepts "100% non-rubbish".
I understand AIX and HP-UX call the "linkage loader library path" differently, but was not aware that Linux and FreeBSD use the same "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" name as Solaris, and incorrectly thought that this environment variable is only "specific" to Solaris. I have been using Linux for the past 3 years and never used FreeBSD, and I did not have any need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in Linux, that was the cause of my "rubbish" thinking.
SCO OpenServer LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Sun Solaris LD_LIBRARY_PATH
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Tony Earnshaw
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 1:56 AM
To: Openldap list
Subject: RE: small problem building 2.2.17 with BerkeleyDB.4.2
tir, 19.10.2004 kl. 16.52 skrev Tay, Gary:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH is specific to Solaris. "vi /etc/ld.so.conf; ldconfig"
> is the RedHat equivalent."man ldconfig" for more info.
Definitely not so. Do not propagate rubbish ;)
«Livet er ein gamp», sa øyken.
I can confirm this.
They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...