Re: small problem building 2.2.17 with BerkeleyDB.4.2

You didn't check the real cause of your problem in config.log, did you?  I
suspect you also need to set CPFLAGS=-I<path to berkeley headers>; also,
the library paths uually go in LDFLAGS; I don't know where LDPATH comes
from, maybe I'm missing something...

> Chaps,
> Got a wee problem here thatI'm sure is really easy to fix.
> I'm running RH ES 3.0 here which i'd like to compile openldap 2.2.17 on.
> I've downloaded the BerkeleyDB.4.2 code, which has an installation
> directory of /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
> I've added the above directory/lib to the /etc/ld.so.conf file and run
> ldconfig
> and tried setting up an environment variable in the same command line as
> the configure command
> LDPATH="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib" ./configure
> even tried env LDPATH .......
> When configure runs however, it always says that it can't find any of the
> berkeley 4.2 libraries. It finds the 4.1 library in /usr/lib and then
> complains about the wrong database version.
> I'm sure its something silly, can anyone help?
> Alex
> Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2

Pierangelo Masarati