RE: OpenLDAP 2.0.X master. OpenLDAP 2.1.X slave

Good day,

Thanks for your reply.

> > We're trying to set up LDAP replication between a 2.0.27 master and an
> > openldap 2.1.29 slave.  The goal is to upgrade the servers to more
> recent
> > versions in the coming months, but we're trying to get it working as-is.
> > Master is Red Hat 9, slave is Fedora Core 2.

> You can't mix 2.0 and 2.1 ...
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200311/msg00595.html
> You really should think about upgrading the 2.0 server.

Yes, you'll note in my message that we'll be doing that, but we would have
preferred to spend more time testing. =/

Thanks for the URL, with simple answer.

As we guessed, we'll have to upgrade the master server right away.  But
there are a very large number of slaves.  So, just to ask again, will we
need to upgrade the 2.0 slaves at the same time?

Thanks again,

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP