Re: Problem to start slapd

Olivier PAYRE wrote:
Hello,
I've installed OpenLDAP on Mandrake 10.0.

Not from the RPM provided for 10.0, maybe you did something unsupported, such as installing the binary for 10.1/cooker on 10.0.

I've modified slapd.conf but
I have problem when I start slapd :
./slapd: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.2.so: cannot

On 10.0, we have db-4.1, no db-4.2 (since it was too late to fix all db-4.2 apps for db-4.1), so openldap is compiled against an internal copy of db-4.2, which soname of libslapd_db-4.2, and all the utils being slapd_db_* instead of db_* (and all scripts taking this into account).

So I set the initial slapd.conf. It's the same thing !

I uninstalled OpenLDAP and re-Installed it : same thing. The 'make
test' says it can't bind the server. I think I've broken something but can't see what. I thought about an
access denied on files used by OpenLDAP but I do every with the root ...
Thanks.

A beginner ...
PAYRE Olivier

Start with the original package provided for Mandrake 10.0 ('urpmi openldap-servers openldap-migration'), if you need a later version, rebuild the SRPM from cooker on 10.0 (that works, and I will take bug reports if it does not work), never install binaries from one release on another release (unless you are absolutely sure there have been no change and no rebuilds in between).

If you're looking for openldap-2.2, bug me some more to upload a package to contrib, or rebuild db4.2 from cooker.

Regards,
Buchan

--
Buchan Milne                      Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems                  http://www.obsidian.co.za