Re: compile problem on solaris (ILD)

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 15:09, Aaron Richton wrote:
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
> [eventually dies with]
> > ild:  Fatal error -- Assertion failed: file
> > "../src/fault-intolerant-io.c" line 113 Exiting.
> This is a bit of a long shot, but I wonder if you might have something in
> /usr/local/lib or such that's interfering with one of the compiler
> binaries. I would try again with only the LDFLAGS set; they should be
> sufficient and will not impact your existing binaries (ie ild etc.) as

thanks for the help however, this is not the problem. I've rerun the
compilation with only LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS set with the same result.

> Apart from that, you seem to be in the same boat as ITS#785 with a Sun
> bug. There's a FAQ entry on point with workarounds:
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/505.html

trying now with --disable-debug set to see if that helps

> although personally, I'd try to get a reliable repro on a fully patched
> system and get an actual fix from Sun. (You do have the ild patches
> installed, yes?)

I've never had any problem compiling on Sun using various compilers so
it seems odd that it happens now with a fairly recent compiler (that
I've used before to compile OpenLDAP on different machines). I dont know
much about this sort of thing but are you sure its a Sun problem and not
OpenLDAP problem?

--disable-debug didnt have any effect - in fact its still using -g so
guess I'll have to edit the Makefile.

> Finally, to keep this vaguely relevant to OpenLDAP: I have had success
> with OpenLDAP 2.2.17 using the Sun Studio 9 compiler (sparc).

what flags and configure options did you set?

Greg Matthews
iTSS Wallingford	01491 692445