Re: deferring operation

At 07:38 AM 9/20/2004, Jonathan Higgins wrote:
>Im seeing this in my log files.
>
>connection_input: conn=XXXX deferring operation: binding

This message implies that client issued a request
while binding to the directory.  When this occurs, the
server defers performance of the request until after
the bind completes.

>Im in the process of upgrading from 2.0.27 to 2.2.11

I suggest you upgrade to at least the latest stable release.

>just want to know if anyone can confirm my theory that the thread safe
>problem in the mit implementation can produce this error in OpenLDAP.

I note that the OpenLDAP Software could careless which
KDC you choose to operate.  But it does care that the
Kerberos client libraries you use (generally through
Cyrus SASL) are compatible...

I would be a bit surprised if Kerberos client library
thread safety issue lead to above error message.  That
is, they seem unrelated to me.  But I could be wrong.

Kurt