Re: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

--On Wednesday, September 15, 2004 11:10 AM +1000 Cameron Gregg <cam@yak.com.au> wrote:

On solaris it only gives me the first two lines below, on linux
(slackware 10), it gives me the following lines:

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes checking for Berkeley DB version match... Berkeley DB version mismatch expected: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12, 2001) got: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December 3, 2003) no configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Why is the latest openldap looking for a version of Berkeley db that is 3 years old?

If I recall correctly, this generally indicates that it found older OpenLDAP libraries around that use BDB 3.3. You need to adjust your environment variables for where to look for libraries.

You may (or may not) find

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap>

useful.

--Quanah