Re: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

At 11:43 PM 9/13/2004, Cameron Gregg wrote:

Hi all,

when doing a configure for openldap i get the error:

checking for Berkeley DB version match... no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

What was the mismatch?
Was the header version as you expected?
Was the library version as you expected?

Kurt

On solaris it only gives me the first two lines below, on linux (slackware 10), it gives me the following lines:

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes checking for Berkeley DB version match... Berkeley DB version mismatch expected: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12, 2001) got: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December 3, 2003) no configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Why is the latest openldap looking for a version of Berkeley db that is 3 years old?

Cam