[Date Prev][Date Next]
mo timeout on ldap_result call in ldap_sasl_bind_s
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: mo timeout on ldap_result call in ldap_sasl_bind_s
- From: Hagai Yaffe <HagaiY@Cyber-Ark.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:37:33 +0300
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcSYm13VMbXq+mVuRBiPShdFVh0mhw==
- Thread-topic: mo timeout on ldap_result call in ldap_sasl_bind_s
I am using the OpenLDAP API version 2.1.22 to get data from windows Active Directory, I am binding to the server using sasl, I am using the LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT option to set a timeout to network actions. Despite that I see that the ldap_sasl_bind_s function calls the ldap_result function with NULL for the timeout parameter, this leads to a call to the select function with NULL as the timeout parameter, can't this cause my thread to wait forever ?
prior to the ldap_result call a connect is being made to the server (with the ldap_pvt_connect function), in this function after a non-blocking connect there is a select that uses the Timeout that I have used for the LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT option, why in the connect there is a timeout and later no ?
If someone could clarify this issue for me I would be grateful.